View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 12:56 PM   #6
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
I didn't have any obvious symptoms indicating that my engine mount was toast but I decided to replace it since I was doing the water pump ( since a rad had split...). Surprisingly it was hanging on by a thread. Porsche automatically sells you the improved 987 version and I was amazed at the improvement. The car felt more solid/ stable, especially in the rear. I had no idea it could make so much of a difference. The shifter was more precise as well. When entering corners at a pace the car felt like 1 sweet road-carving piece instead of 2 or 3. Tire sidewalls, springs, shocks, anti-roll bars and engine mount all working in harmony. And my car had no vibrations or obvious engine twisting issues before hand.
Were new side stops included with the mount?

As for the ECS Tunning parts.

Kinda pricy, but the yellow street version seems pretty slick.

This set on eBay is right in the middle of the ones at ECS with 75A durometer bushings and much cheaper.

Torque Solution Porsche Engine Mount Inserts Fits Porsche 986 Boxster 1997 2004 | eBay