View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #1
Dlirium

Garage
Engine Mount Inserts - New Item

I'm on the ECS tuning email distribution for my 986. I love and hate it. I spend more money there that I didn't know I needed to spend than I should. They are always pushing some cool thing...i really should un-subscribe :-)

Anyhow, this came today - Engine Mount Inserts. Was wondering if anyone has experience with something like this?

I know on my Z4 M Coupe, changing the motor mounts made a WORLD of difference. The cars were tuned a bit for the "masses", if you wanted a more performance oriented feel to the clutch, you definitely needed to change the motor mounts. Stock are WAY too soft.

But I hadn't considered it until ECS told me I needed it.

Details on the ECS site say:
The OEM engine mount was designed for ride comfort and is prone to sagging and tearing – above all, it is a detriment to performance. Its empty voids allow for too much engine movement, resulting in sloppy handling, numbed responsiveness, and imprecise shifting. Racecars utilize a solid metal mount to mediate this, which is impractical for street use as it transfers extreme noise and vibration into the cabin.
Any thoughts?
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote