View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 06:01 AM   #1
landrovered

Garage
For Sale: 2001 Boxster S 3.6L with Zeintop

Near Atlanta

2001 Boxster S (986) 6 speed manual with 3.6L with Zeintop

3.6L motor was installed by Autometrics in Charleston SC at a cost of $21k to the PO, donor was an 04 C4S, the engine has large intake manifold & MAF, headers, no cats, tweaked DME, most of the ancillaries were put in new with the conversion which was 30k miles ago, since then I have put in a new clutch and IMS 2000 miles ago, new lower arms in rear, new CV boots, new hella horn, new upholstery on doors, this is a well maintained car with 124k miles on chassis and 50k on engine. It is not perfect but it is very good.

Disclaimer: Becker Radio has electrical glitch, no catalytic converters and no secondary O2 sensors, they can be added at your expense, emissions inspection is your responsibility, leather on dash has shrunk, planning to replace but have not gotten there yet, rear tires are wearing thin, front are fine (michelins) FYI: this car eats rear tires due to excessive horsepower, I'm on sixth set of rears to same set of fronts and I never spin the tires.

This car is my idea of what an early 986 Cayman prototype would have looked like. I badged this car as a 986RS as kind of a joke but I think it really lives up to it. It is very fast, has lots of torque. Porsche is just now bringing the Boxster and Cayman up to this level of performance. I have been there for quite a few years.

I have tracked this car a few times and it never fails to impress, I have a single mass flywheel and Wevo SS motor mount which will accompany the car but I put the dual mass and factory mount back in the car to reduce NVH as I wanted a smoother less clacky experience. I am selling because I am making room for a GT4.

Price $20,000 exactly, period end of discussion.

Serious inquiries only, No tire kickers, no trolls, no BS, please correspond through landrovered at gmail dot com only.

Cheers, Scott