View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 02:38 AM   #24
Smallblock454

Hi Gelbster,

Shell Spirax S5 75W-90 is in general available in 20 litre and 209 litre barrels. I haven't found anybody that sells 1 Litre bottles over here in germany, or europe.

So we did a group buy in the german Porsche forum. If you're interested in importing 3 litres from germany i can give you a contact adress from a german forum member.

I think the most inexpensive way will be a group buy in the US. I saw that 20 litre cans are offered in the US.

Difference in formula: Well i don't know what additives they use. Also it is very interesting that the oil fulfils API GL4, GL5 and M1, because these API standards are different concerning the percentage of additives. And yes, you're right the oil has a homolgaton for Getrag transaxle transmission. So it should also work for the 5 speed.

Found this transmission oil chart from Porsche for the 2.7 and 3.2 engine. They also recommend Mobil MOBILUBE PTX 75W-90 and a Burnah oil for the 5 speed.

Have not cheched if there are different versions of the Mobil are available like Shell Spirax. But the Mobil seems to be available in 1 litre bottles.

All other oils don't have a Porsche approval for these transmissions. If you try one, make shure it's a transaxle oil.

I recommend the Shell Spirax S5, because this is the Porsche OEM oil they fill in your transmission when they do a mt tranny oil change.

Regards from germany
Markus

Last edited by Smallblock454; 02-25-2015 at 02:52 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote