View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
KRZTACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach schnell
krztaco - you're de-snorkled or just exhaust? If de-snorkled - anything special you do when you wash the car the avoid probs? Drive the car in the rain at all? Probs?

I know it's not exactly the same, but if you can recall the heavy rain that hit about 2 yrs ago here in soCal - well a few days after that rain I was in the local VW dealership and they had 3 'teenage-owned' heavily modified GTI's on the service rack, all with $10-15K engine damage secondary to the cold air intake placed behind the bumper. Each car took on water into the engine - remember one of the dad's yelling and screaming cuz the dealership wasn't going to cover it under warranty - hope he atleast stopped giving his brat an allowance for a couple of weeks!

Anyway, I'm itching to de-snorkel my 987 (wife says no more money on the car for a while!), but don't want to if you really have to be overly careful about washing it or driving it in the rain.

Mine is de-snorkelled, I don't spray water into the intake, plus there is still a "grill" deflecting water as it enters AND it must still go through the filter. I'm not really worried about it. The "snorkel" plastic piece looks like it's more for sound deadening purposes.

KRZ

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote