View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #12
heymanwatchthis

I think part of my problem is that PO had a replacement window sewn in by Dr Frankenstein. Plastic from original window still in seam, very stiff and awkward fold. Ideally I will get a glass window for my 3 bow top frame. My research and discussion with a couple of Porsche mechanics leads me away from this option because of limited access to top of the engine. I have seen pictures showing glass window laying flat, i.e. perpendicular to roll hoops, greatly reducing access. Mechanic said the glass upgrades are a pain and entire roof needs to be removed sometimes, he advised against it. Of course a glass window would be ideal for several reasons, engine access notwithstanding. My 'auto-chop' thought comes from desire to make a plastic window work.

Anybody with glass window on 3 bow frame have pictures of engine access? I have seen plenty showing varying levels of access to engine, I have to wonder if there are older versions of glass window roof...however sounds like many of you have no issue with plastic window folding properly...

Thanks!