View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyeganeh View Post
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't run bad, but I'm not sure that it runs as well as it could.

The reason for saying that is that last fall, I had a lot of work done on the car to replace the IMSB, clutch, RMS, AOS, 2 chains, chain tensioners, and chain wear pads - all preventive maintenance. When I got it back, the car initially was running with a noticeable increase in power. But after a while that extra power is no longer there. My understanding is that everything got reset with the battery disconnect and the car DME had to relearn the settings.

Also I notice a lag in response when I hit the gas when I'm driving at a steady about 3200-3600 rpm.

Both of these could just be the way a Boxster is supposed to handle, but I don't know whether it is related to an incorrect MAF being installed.

So how bad would it run with the wrong MAF? Would it stall, put up a CEL, or other noticeable symptoms, or it would just be less power and less responsiveness?
With the incorrect MAF flash, the car would idle poorly, stumble, and be unresponsive.