View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 11:28 PM   #346
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Do it!! What year Boxster are you driving.
Well I guess I should "let the cat out of the bag". I don't have a Boxster of my own yet. I was waiting for the right one to come around at the right time. I first got introduced to Boxsters about two years ago with a flooded 2000 S I bought at auction. The only reason I bought it was for the calipers so I could put them on my 911SC. I started selling parts off the boxster to recoup my money. At that time, buying and selling car/truck parts was strictly a hobby to pay for my car hobby. I quickly fell in love with the Boxster and the Porsche community. The Porsche clientele were a lot better to deal with than other makes and models clientele. From that first Boxster on, it just snow balled to what I have now. I've always wanted a Boxster but didn't want to afford one. I've also not had one come along that caught my interest. There was always something wrong a particular car that would keep me from keeping it as my own. Too damaged, too many miles, Parts Only Title, tiptronic, or a 2.5. I want a good 3.2 6 speed without too many issues ,but haven't found any at a good price.
Of course this 996 I just bought might change that. A 3.4 is better than 3.2!! I do have a 97 that wouldn't take much to bring back from the dead. I have everything to turn the 97 into an S except a good motor. The weather here is going to be sucky for a while, so it might be awhile before I can get the 3.4 out and check its condition. Stay tuned!

Forgot to add, I'm also picking up a GT3 bumper and side skirts when I go pick up the 996. I've also been stashing some aftermarket parts as they come in. Headers, mufflers and tinted taillights. I have a Dansk muffler that I'm more than likely going to sell. I watched a video of someone with a 3.4 swap and he had a Dansk muffler on his. It wasn't aggressive enough for me. I need to hear it in person first before I decide if I want to get rid of it.

Last edited by itsnotanova; 02-21-2015 at 11:38 PM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote