View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 07:46 PM   #35
juiced99ws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogosha View Post
It certainly was never my intention to suggest that the addition of the Subaru subwoofer on its own was going to solve all issues. I simply did some digging, and came across it. I bit the bullet, and purchased a used one off of ebay for $70 shipped. I plan on installing it along with upgrading ALL of the speakers, including installing rear deck speakers. This will eventually be completed with a new HU, and probably an amp. I may even put one or 2 Dayton TT-25 16 Tactile Transducer Mini Bass Shakers into the mix. I am not an audiophile, nor is my wife, so I'm confident the speaker upgrades will be a vast improvement. YMMV.
If you have door speakers in your car I wouldn't waste money on rear speaker upgrade until after you hear the upgrade on the rest of the speakers. I did a factory AMP bypass, the double din conversion with a Pioneer 6.5 in touchscreen DVD, and new door speakers and dash speakers and it gets pretty freaking loud. Can hear with clarity at highway speeds and top down, and audiophile or not, that should be the goal with an awesome roadster such as the ones we have.

As for cost, the double din was a personal preference that set me back about 500. Amp bypass (if you have one) is easy and can be done for 5 bucks easy. My four new speakers ran about 80 bucks at best buy. Had I gone with a single din and kit I could have been around 200$ for the head unit. So for 300$ you can have pretty great sound with no real bass to speak of. Find a subwoofer (still highly recommend the kicker) and the most you will spend is 300$ on pretty much any that you find. 600$ can get you a really good sounding boxster with bluetooth connectivity with pandora streaming and everything else. Pretty good investment so something that is used often.
juiced99ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote