View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 08:57 AM   #28
juiced99ws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
You have a point, but bear in mind I'm not looking or expecting an audiophile system. For Pete's sake, its a car! Don't need to spend $$$$ IMHO

The Subaru sub is used and probably new is $300+. The biggest issue is the space under the seat and what will actually fit. I do not want to give up ANY legroom at all.

The Pioneer unit look like it may fit, probably need to pull the seat and measure. It is a new interesting technology.

I'm just looking to fill in the bass a little, so any sub will be fine as long as it fits
I can understand not wanting to compromise any cabin room whatsoever but if speaking in terms of value I'm not quite sure it can be recommended to the forum to just get that sub. I am trying to offer up what I have already done to help any boxster owner who may be interested. Great price on one used sub will help only one person. If they are normally very similar costwise to what I have posted the the price point is moot.

One way to go about the space issue is tof do the same thinf Porsche did originally only better. Seal the door enclosures better and add a dynamat door kit to reduce rattle. Then pick out two nice 6.5 inch subs for the doors and use a quality amp and lowpass filter to add bass. You will get less bass, pay more, and remove two highs for your system but its really about the only way I see at this point. I haven't found anything small enough to go under the seat. I don't believe a passenger would ever evem notice the difference behind their seat.

If there wete a hundred dollar no compromise option I think we would all have it by now. interested to hear your findings.
juiced99ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote