View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 10:06 AM   #67
Reebuck1
Reebuck1

Garage
Gauges

Thumper the reason I am having so much trouble ( I believe...not sure) is because I have 5.2.2 DME.

I think I have now successfully recoded the EPROM chip on my 986 mother board to "TURN ON" the volt gauge and oil pressure gauge.
Topradio, your suggestion to try different chip designators on the GQ-4X worked and I was able to read the chip.

I reinstalled the 986 mother board with the 996 gauges but volt and oil pres. still will not come on. Maybe because the 986 DME that thinks it is a 996 ROW will not recognize the 986 mother board??

Topradio, I am wondering if I need to also code the bits with the GQ-4x that identifies the gauge pack mother board as a 986. This is found on line 00000030 of the code as shown on post #15 and #13. ???? If I change that bit to indicate it as a 996 do you think it will work??

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of times you can try and reprogram one of these EPROM chips??

I still intend to put the 996 mother board back in car and take it to Porsche to turn on the cruise control.
Reebuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote