View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #66
Thumper

I have installed several Carrera clusters in my '01 Boxster and have never run into the problems you guys seem to be experiencing. The only issue I've ever had was with the top light. I've just ignored it, but thought I would address it if I ever ran across someone with a PST2. As long as you get a cluster from a C2 and follow the instructions on Renntech.org, you should be golden. I installed my first cluster in 2007 and it's working fine to this day.

I am impressed with the talent to work on the circuit boards to replace bad displays, as I would never have the patience or knowledge to do so myself. All of the clusters I have used came from eBay and have only had one that was actually fried. I have only changed them out due to gauge face color and now have a silver faced set from a C2S. The clusters I took out are in other boxsters and all are working fine to this day. Never had a gas gauge issue, but I did have one that took forever to check the oil level. Also never paid more than $200 for a cluster. You just have to be patient and wait for a deal to pop up.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote