View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #36
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro View Post
I'm not an aeronautical engineer, but I was hoping to hear from some. (Thanks, TRK!) My purpose with this thread was to generate some discussion, share what I've done, and see what others are doing. Although I keep insurance, tags, and state inspection on my 986, it's not exactly a street car. It's built to compete in SCCA F Prepared and PCA Improved autocross classes. Winning and losing often comes down to hundredths of a second, so I'm game to try things out to see what works. In a way, it's my hobbyist racer test lab, so if someone can make suggestions, improvements, or point out fatal flaws, I want to know about it.

By the way, I have moved the center radiator out towards the front of the car, and I added ducting to channel air through it and upwards. I don't have data on the aero, but when the car gets moving, the temps drop fast. On hots days at autocross, that's important.
You are hitting it hard! That sounds sweet. When I finally pick out a front bumper for my car, I'm going to look at doing this. I like the sound of a cooler running car and ducting the air. Very nice!