Thread: heavy 19 rims
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #18
986Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronixSpeed
well just to debate.....so you are saying that my stock 17 / 255 / 45 rear and 17 / 205 / 50 front would be faster then the car sitting on 19 / 275 / 30 rear and 19 / 235 / 35. lets just say that the rims were the exact same weight. i'm not sure that it would make a big difference.....unless i take the car to a track....which a boxster might not be my first choice of car to ruin on a track.....i would not suggest my set up for racing....but still pretty dam fast....raced a 350z and the car kept up, if not faster.......................
The thing is you will never get the same weight to start, and secondly the inertia to turn a larger wheel even with a smaller tire of the same weight takes more power.

To get a 19" thats the same weight as a 17" would take Magnesium wheels which are about $5000 for a set, even then I dont think they could weigh what a normal aluminum 17" does really. Besides he is talking about buying antera's which are heavy ass wheels. You'll be adding 10lbs a corner easily over the stock setup. Thats gonna soak up a crap load of Hp.
986Jim is offline   Reply With Quote