View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #9
BrokenLinkage

Use the same link below as for the Ultimate cup holder. But...Navigate to the Fischer cup holder under "vehicles not covered."

Buy one and affix it to the center tunnel carpet just forward of the passenger seat, using short self-tapping flat head stainless screws to sit flush in the built-in countersink holes of the cupholder. The dimensions of this cupholder, when in its discrete folded position, will still allow the passenger seat adjustment rail to clear it, so the seat can be moved max forward for cleaning or whatever. In this location it is not a hindrance to driver or passenger.

The cupholder itself is high quality plastic that looks oem and matches the black plastic elsewhere in the cabin. The mounting screws only need to engage the carpet backing, not the body metal, and it will be held quite securely in place. It looks oem when installed. As nice as the Ultimate looks (I am a fan of stainless), it always looked like something I picked up at Autozone, right next to the ones that hang from the window opening.

The Fischer can be removed with no residual marks if ever desired. And it will hold a broader array of cup sizes more securely than the Ultimate. I have tested it thoroughly. For extra stability, mine rests its flat bottom on the floormat when in open position, which means I can easily remove the floormat and clean under it without uninstalling it (kinda like a wall-mounted toilet). And if a little drink gets sloshed by enthusiastic driving, it usually is caught in the self-contained pan/cover of the Fischer holder, versus on your floor with the Ultimate.

My opinion is merely an opinion. But an informed one, in that I think I tried 7 cup holder arrangements before I settled on the Fischer, including the Ultimate and the factory dash mounts, as well a clever custom fabrication of my own. And I seldom drive without a drink within reach. Days are often hot where I live, and I frequently go to work very early when I still need caffeine..
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote