View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #1563
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Sunny day! Looks awrite.

Seen that guy holding the dash once or twice during hard braking.... what brake pads do you use?! I'll soon be doing mine, could do with the same as yours
Since I just started doing AX, club rules require an Instructor for the first few times. He was a great guy with lots of experience. Drives a 944 spec race car. Yea, he did have to hang on a bit. In one of my earlier runs, my tires were very hot and had gotten a bit slippery, almost spun a few times. I was able to hang on and correct, LOADS of fun. The corner workers were not as happy, lots of cones to reset

It was a wonderful day. Shaved over 5 seconds off my time from the morning practice runs to the afternoon timed runs that counted. Came in 3rd in my class and there was only .45 sec difference between first, second and third. then abort 2.5 sec to fourth. the 3 of us all has 986 S bone stock.

Biggest difference was tires. I have 320 tread-wear and the other guys has much softer/stickier tires, 200 tread-wear. I'm gonna get a 2nd set of wheels and tires for AX and the track soon. Pretty sure with better tires I would have been at least 1 sec faster, probably 2-3

A Pic in hard cornering
Attached Images

2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 02-09-2015 at 10:34 AM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote