View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #21
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
What do you think about having the lug holes redrilled to accept Porsche lug bolts?
NO you can't just drill them. You'd need to probe the center of the hub first and then find the exact PCD location. Just a 0.2mm offset and you'll be compromising the integrity of the wheel when torqued to spec (the wheel will twist). Only an experienced machinist with digital probing can run that R14 ball endmill safely in there for you.

You do realize that the cone shape lug bolts are also designed to center your wheel. At least they help for the initial hub concentricity before you torque them on. Porsche cheap "cast wheels" aren't necessarily the best one out there mate (they change shape overtime, expand, twist, etc etc....). Ball seating is ideal in these circumstances. That's all what that ball thingy does really

Yours are NEW wheels so I bet they are straight anyway. Go Go cone/tapered lug bolts no worries I'd say

I like your five spokes wheels, I'd just weld them permanently onto my car if they were in my hands LOL