View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #8
mnc-i

Gee Wiz! You would have thought I started a new thread on which motor oil to use.

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. I was only trying to point out that a non-Porsche specific car magazine wrote a small piece on the 996 series 911. I don't know about you but I like reading about the 986 series Boxsters and 996 series 911s. It seems that the only time I get to read about 986s or 996s is in Excellence magazine and the topic is about changing water pumps every 50,000 to 60,000 miles as preventive maintenance.

I am not one bit confused. I love my 99 Boxster with 233,000 miles and the original IMS.

And no, I was not trying to perfect the art of sarcasm. Nor was I complaining about the reliability of 15 year old cars. I do however complain about poor design and manufacturing (i.e. water pumps that don't seem to last more than 70,000 miles and pieces of water pump that can clog engine coolant passages).

To paraphrase President Reagan, Thou shalt not speak ill of any Porsches.

If I have to complain about something, well it is the high price of gasoline. I had to pay $2.05 per gallon for 93 Octane the other day...what is the world coming to?
mnc-i is offline   Reply With Quote