View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
coreseller

Refinishing OEM Turbo Twist Porsche Wheels

A few weeks back I stumbled into a great deal on a set of Genuine NB Porsche Technology Wheels (Hollow Spoke), they had some scratches and curb rash but I decided to buy them anyway. I had thought about buying some paint / clear / reducer to do it out of my HVLP air gun but punted on that idea when materials alone came to $125. After considering sending them out for refurbishment I remembered that I had an unused can or Wurth Wheel Paint that I added to the cart a few years back to get free shipping from whoever it was. I looked through my workshop and sure enough found some leftover Duplicolor wheel paint (Silver and Clear) from one of the kid's cars. Already having most everything needed I figured what the heck, give it a whirl. Pics of materials used:

I then set the youngest son on them with Simple Green and stiff brushes after they soaked in hot water for 30 minutes. Please note this was done without the wifey's knowledge in the basement bathtub reserved for cleaning the dog and said youngest, thus the Axe.

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote