Thread: Locked out!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 03:24 AM   #13
Retroman1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
If the car sits more than 5 days, the remote unlock functionality is disabled and you must use the key to unlock the door. Then you can press the unlock button on the key and it is active again. (I always thought you had to put it in the ignition and turn it to re-activate the remote unlocking)

To the OP, maybe you can insert the key and turn it like you are locking/unlocking the door, and then try the remote again? Even if the unlocking portion is broken maybe it will still activate? (Although I imagine you have probably run through a lot of combinations of turning the key and pressing buttons already)

From the manual: (2000 Model Year)
I have to go through this routine every Saturday on my weekender Boxster. This is exactly why your fob isn't working. My 99s have a passenger lock. When did they quit doing that? Never tried unhooking the battery to see if it would reset, but that sounds like the most reasonable next step, before trying to find a good locksmith or the dowel rod idea. (how hard is it to pry that window out with it shoved up in the channel?)

Last edited by Retroman1969; 02-04-2015 at 03:26 AM.
Retroman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote