Thread: Locked out!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 06:55 AM   #1
greenheckler

Locked out!

Hey folks, I need your advice on as I am getting close to the last option of potentially breaking my window . 2001 boxster.

I locked the car and left it on my driveway for more than 5 days unattended. The key lock on my driver's door is broken - key wont turn left or right. I normally park in the garage unlocked or if I lock the vehicle I just use the key remote. I have never locked my car for more than a few hours.

Right now, the key remote will not work - (light on the key fob does work when button is pressed).

I do have access to the frunk because I luckily did the hack to thread the cable through my tow hook. However, I am not sure how this will help me as I need to get into the car.

Called AAA and they stated that this is a "dealer issue" and thus won't slim jim the door.

The car is in Southern California. Anyone know of a locksmith? I can't be the only one that has ever encountered this problem!

I have done a couple of Google searches on this topic, but those threads appear to focused on getting into the frunk.