View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #6
Luv2Box

Garage
I bought my '99 five years ago with 74K miles in a similar fashion as you except it was a Ford dealer. I knew nothing about Porsches except I wanted to own one (I was 62) and the test drive sold me.
The first mechanic I took it to, after driving it for a couple of months, started ranting about how terrible the Boxsters are and advised me to take the car back and void the deal.
Happily I ignored his warning and drove the piss out of it in DE's, AX's and spirited back road forays for another 10K miles. At that point I decided to invest in the LN ceramic IMS because I decided I wanted to keep it for a long while, so at 84K I had one installed and a new updated RMS. My Box is a Tip so more labor was involved but Alden at Flintworks in Campbell did the job for $1,800 four years ago.
My Box now has 116K fun filled miles and I'm expecting to go to 250K before anything major needs to be done.
Get an inspection done, have the 60K service done if there is no record of it, have the oil checked and consider having the bearing replaced when it's time for a new clutch.
Drive it and have fun it is what the car was made for.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote