View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
jeepdad

Garage
New owner with sudden remorse

Greetings all. I'm a brand owner of a 1999 Boxster with 98,000 miles. Base model with 5-speed, appears well cared for.Although I've alway admired the Boxster, I'll admit this was an impulse purchase. I was looking at jeeps and got this instead. I did very little research beforehand. Ending up getting in the car for $7500.

So I raced home and started scanning the forums and looking to upgrade wheels, audio, etc, and am immediately hit with the engine failure stories. I've read enough to see there is somewhat of a debate on the actual failure rates of the vehicles. Still, it is a punch to the gut.

Needless to say, my excitement has now turned to trepidation. At age 45, I should know better than making such a purchase on a whim. (Although my dad has a 2006ish 911 that has been largely maintenance free). But I wanted a fun second car and the boxster fit the bill.

What's the first thing I should do? I should add that the car was purchased from a Cadillac dealer in central Missouri. Do I need to make an immediate appointment with a porsche mechanic to have it services and checked for potential failures? Sell it? Just quit worrying and enjoy it? I just bought it Saturday and the dealer won't inspect it til Monday (I'm driving on dealer tags). I even considered asking for the deal to be voided.

Ifeel like I'm driving a ticking time bomb. Ugh

Last edited by jeepdad; 02-01-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Typos
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote