View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 02:11 PM   #18
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
Hey don't mess with the 'active aero' man. That's right folks our cars were SO ahead of their time- so be proud of that sweet little, variable flap!
Kram- just think about what those huge GT2 air suckers are going to do to your aero...How about rigging up some slides that limit airflow through them above say, 50 MPH?
The bumper replacement is on hold. http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/55530-goy-my-new-front-rear-bumpers-wheels-way.html#post433870

You do make a valid point on that, but the cooling benefit would be worth it, plus it looks sweeeeeeet! The rear spoiler sticking up doesn't look sweet to me, but yes it's a nice and needed feature. I believe the slots in the upper portion of that front bumper would allow the air to escape and give front down force too. So that would probably reduce mpg too, not sure at what speed that would come into play though.

Like I said, this is a DD mostly, but I do take her out to some nasty fun twisties now and then. Hence the lager wheel and tire upgrade and ROW M030 suspension.

The rear spoiler isn't just about mpg, I think it looks tacky when up and I only want it up when needed. Seems the dash button control would be my best option.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote