View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #11
husker boxster

There has been good advice so far. The only thing I'd add is Porsche reliability has improved greatly and if you keep your Box for 3 yrs, you'll be going thru the reliability sweet spot. Chances are good you'll have a very reliable auto and won't have suspension issues and worn out parts. I bought my 08 Boxster S LE brand new 7 yrs ago and it's been rock solid reliable w/ 42K mi. I think I drive my Boxster the same way you intend to drive yours. No problems with worn out suspension. I bought my 08 Cayman S Sport barely used (3 yrs old & 7400mi, now with 28K mi) and it has also been very reliable but it's my DE car and suspension bushings are now starting to wear out. Two 08 Porsches, two different results because of two different driving styles.

Just be sure to keep the maintenance up according to the schedule as that will be a great selling pt when you get ready to enlarge the family. As others have said, keep oil changes in the 5K mi range, even if the oil companies and Porsche say you can go longer. Another good selling pt (5K mi oil changes).
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 01-30-2015 at 05:18 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote