View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
kiryu

new boxster purchase opinions

Hi all,
So me and my wife wants to get a base boxster as her daily driver. We've never owned porsche but heard the boxster is quite reliable (for the newer ones?). We've always owned Japanese so reliability is big. Cayman is ok too but there isnt any PDK ones in our area for the right price. She doesnt need S for sure. She plan to keep it for 2-4 years until we have kids. Looking at PDK only!

We would love your insights on boxster ownership and opinions

So after looking around our area, we nailed it down to 3 choices.
1. A 2013 15k miles navi / sound plus for $48k out the door. factory Warranty till 2017
2. A 2011 23k miles navi/sound plus certified use for 41k out the door. extended warranty till 2017
3. 2013 15k miles navi/sound plus certified for 52k out the door, extended warranty till 2019

We test drove both. While the 2013 has upgraded interiors and looks pretty much like a brand new car, my wife also think $7k is substantial difference, especially all cars tend to depreciate a big chunk of their value in the first few years. She is not considering #3 coz it's the priciest with the longest warranty, which she might not need

Do you guys think these prices are reasonable and fair? We searched truecar.com and kbb, they seem to be a bit above both of those indexes.

Is there anything, other than the looks, that is worth getting the 13 over the 11(which i researched is a facelifted 06). We searched hard for a 09-12 but there just arent that many around that has PDK. I noticed the 13s have adjustable suspension? and exhaust note is a bit louder. But to my wife's eyes they all look similar lol

Appreciate any feedback!
kiryu is offline   Reply With Quote