View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #11
pilut2

Garage
The mileage is actually only about 40,000 or about 60,000 kms (I'm in Canada) . I drove her 900 miles from her former North Carolina home last August and she ran beautifully. The car is exceptionally clean and has been very well looked after. I called the Indy who services only Porsches, looking for advice about service strategy as the car is new to me. I was planning to drop by to meet the owner and have a look at his shop before i decided to have any work done there. I was a little surprised that his approach to the IMS replacement was to drop the engine. He wouldn't even give me a ballpark idea of the cost and listed all of the various potential issues that may need to be addressed while the engine was out. I will check out some other shops before make a decision. I'm not afraid to spend the money as I absolutely love the car and want to keep her for several years- I just don't want to be screwed. It is a summer weekend toy. I am inclined to just drive her until she needs a clutch and then do IMS, clutch and waterpump at the same time. I spoke to the original owner who had her for 15 years and then traded on a 2014 Boxster - he had never heard of the IMS issue. I have given it more thought in the 5 months that I have owned her than he gave in the last 15 years- ignorance is truly bliss!
pilut2 is offline   Reply With Quote