View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #19
brjak

[QUOTE=pony13ca;433788]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Amen to that line of reasoning. With all these fools (many of whom I fear are probably not all that good at driving to begin with) pecking away at their cell phones at speed, I think getting away from the highway would be considered to be doing everyone a favor.

Care to elaborate on the "except once" part? It's totally cool if not.

Sure. I was driving to my girlfriends place after a 10:30 pm hockey game. Noticed I was being followed by a cop, so I wasn't speeding. They pulled me over on a side street close to her house. 1 cop approached the driver side window, the second stood at the back of the car, with his hand on his gun. The officer asked where I was going, and where I had come from, so not wanting to be a smart ass, I told him, to my girlfriends and from hockey. I guess he didn't believe that black guys play hockey, cause he asked for me to get out of the car. When I asked him why was when the trouble began. They called for a second car, ordered me out of the car, cuffed me and placed me in the back of the cruiser. They then pulled my hockey bag out of the car and dumped it on the road, and went through everything! When they didn't find anything, they let me out of the car and left. My equipment still on the road. I actually took the car number down, and went the next morning to complain about an improper search, because they opened my locked trunk, without my consent. I was told about 3 months later that they were having a problem with drug trafficking in the area, and that they were cracking down. The officer was given an official reprimand, that would remain in his file. I guess I look more like a drug dealer than a hockey player!
From Toronto!! Everyones a hockey player in our area of the world.