View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 10:29 AM   #12
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
The repair shop will have to plasma cut the rear quarter panel out ]
Most body shops I deal with use a reciprocating saws for work like that. It's a million times quicker, without the risk of starting a fire.
Here's two Boxsters at my salvage yard that have donated parts, so that other Boxsters and 911s can live.
This guy lost his front clip to a 996 and rear quarter to a Boxster with similar looking damage as the OP

This Boxster had some of it's front clip repair a damaged 996. The rear has helped repair two different boxsters. The left rear quarter went to one Boxster with slight damage. The right side went to a boxster that had been hit real hard on the right. It was hit so hard that even the trunk and clam shell had been damaged. I probably would have not repaired that car, but the owner was determined to get that car on the road. I don't do the work, I just sell the parts. Don't be scared by how much was taken off those cars. You always want to take off from the donor car way more than you'll need

I can do body work but prefer to just work on my cars. It's not really that hard if you have the tools. Here's my 911sc after I welded on some 930 flared fenders

It's hard to completely tell the damage to your car. I'm guessing you'll cut off that damaged quarter panel right behind the intake. If so, you'll have to butt-weld them together and I highly recommend using the clamps in the pic below.