View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 10:46 PM   #10
JonD

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv View Post
Looks like good-bye to my Boxster (2004, 78000 km)! Was driving home after a social gathering, at 9 pm was turning right, close to home, and was rear-ended by some maniac who immediately drove off. Fortunately some witnesses got his licence number so the police are on the case. Probably a drunk.

Damage is considerable, and the experts think it is a total loss. Is mostly left-hand rear side, with rear panels out of shape and suspension damage obvious (see photos).

After 4 years with the car, having IMS Solution installed, recent major service, and just having filled the tank (!), I am furious.

Take care out there, all of you
I can feel your pain mate, bastards that hit and run like that need to have their balls cut off. Really hope they get the git.
Even if you can get that fixed mate forget about the car. Get the insurance money and if you can buy the car back cheap from insurance company and you have room, start wrecking it for parts. Buy another one, now at least you know what problematic things to lookout for. Really sorry for you, I too would be devastated, if it happened to my 986.

Where in Melbourne are you?