View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #16
jarrodblake

Anyone have any detailed info on the audi 4.2 v8 swap. I have found a few threads on the swap but not any that go into detail. I know it will bolt up to the trans, but cant find what clutch/ flywheel set up.? Is the auto engine the same as the manual, can I just reflash/ tune the ECU. Did any of the timing belt engine use a Map sensor or did they all use Mass air flow sensors? Anyone know the best year timing belt engine is to get? or anyone know of a year list/ modle list for the timing belt engines? I'm having really bad thoughts about runing a audi 4.2 with individual throttle bodys. Cutting away the engine cover and having an open bay with a fire wall kinda like old 993 mid-engine FABCAR. Walking up to the car peeking into the back of and a V8 with ITBS sitting back there.

Can you imagine this with ITBS

That said I'm still on the fence about doing the swap. I know it has been done I just cant find any info on pluming then engine and the wiring side of the swap. Ideally I would like to buy an engine with a full harness. But I cant find anything on compatibility when It come to doing the two harness or what ECU. or if I should build a standalone harness for a standalone ECU or even which one to use?

Also I have been thinking about posting my engine up on CL, Kinda as a feeler stating the engine is still in the car, but don't know what to ask, any thoughts?

Last edited by jarrodblake; 01-26-2015 at 09:21 PM.
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote