View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
metolent

quick question on a stuck spoiler

Hi all -

I've been actively lurking here since I acquired my 98 Base model last year, continually leveraging your experiences to restore my neglected Boxster into my daily driver. I've gone through and replaced most of the common things - drop links, coolant tank, water pump, thermostat, motor mount, cleaned the front radiators, etc etc. Rear brakes are coming very soon. So, thank you for the collective advice that is repeatedly given out!

That said, I can't find a definitive example of the current issue. During a recent cold snap, the spoiler light started illuminating, indicating a fault. Sure enough, it's not deploying. I checked the relays and supporting electrical and all appears fine. This weekend I had my son work the manual switch at the fuse panel and noticed that it was trying to deploy and retract, but was stuck. I decided to "help" it a bit and got it to deploy and retract. However, it's now clear the left (driver) side has significant resistance.

My question is this: Is this the case when you'd typically replace the spoiler assembly? Are there some other steps that I should be investigating to resolve?

Thank you...
matt
metolent is offline   Reply With Quote