View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Fatbloke

Battery completely dead

Hi all

The wife's Boxster is in our garage and the battery has gone completely dead in about 3 weeks. It wouldn't start a few weeks ago but still had some charge in it so I popped the bonnet (hood) and fully charged the battery.

It has been sitting for about 3 weeks so I went to start it to get some oil round the engine. Unfortunately the battery is completely dead, not even the interior light or any dash lights come on. The battery is a known good one out of another vehicle that I put into it in the summer as the original battery had failed. It is a slightly more powerful battery than the original.

I tried to get enough charge into it to pop the bonnet so I could get in to charge the battery properly with a small trickle charger plugged into the cigarette lighter socket but it has made no difference. It is still completely dead.

Is there a reason the battery won't charge via the cigarette lighter (2004 2.7)??? Possibly a fuse gone somewhere that cuts all power???

I did read that there is a small cable for opening the bonnet in behind the wheel arch but wanted to avoid trying to locate that.

How can I get enough charge in so I can open the bonnet or is there another way???

Cheers

Dave