View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 04:44 AM   #13
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by patssle View Post
My single ticket in life I drove a mile and a half before getting off the freeway to pull over with the cop behind me the entire time.

I don't feel like dying while getting a ticket because somebody crashes into the back of us. The cop if they have any brains should appreciate it too.
Amen to that line of reasoning. With all these fools (many of whom I fear are probably not all that good at driving to begin with) pecking away at their cell phones at speed, I think getting away from the highway would be considered to be doing everyone a favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony13ca View Post
I'm a 50 year old black guy, and the 4 times I have been stopped in my life, I was approached with hand on gun! The cops were fine after reaching the window or the side of the motorcycle, except once.
Care to elaborate on the "except once" part? It's totally cool if not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
Rolled down all windows as per usual, told my passenger to keep their hands up high and visible as per usual. Had my docs out before the cop even got out of his car.
Keeping hands visible is always a good practice..with all the crazies out there these days, it's understandable that law enforcement maybe gets nervous if they see you rooting around in the glove box, under your seat, etc. after being pulled over---which they presumably can see you do while they call in your tag numbers. Which raises the question: Is it good to have your documents out and waiting, or is it better to wait until he's standing outside your window before you start to look? I'll have to remember to ask if/when I'm next pulled over
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote