View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 11:33 AM   #14
papasmurf

I can't say that I agree as I would gladly take a 997 or 987

over a 986 or 996. The earlier cars have a very tame looking front end and the panel gaps make them look very dated when you compare them to the later 987/997 cars that just look higher quality and more modern all around. The 981 is gorgeous though it looks much larger than the earlier cars but also much more exotic. I wish all of them were smaller and lighter than they are as something closer to the size of a later model MX-5 or Z3 would be ideal IMO. I would love for them to stay with the flat six but a move to turbo 4's does not automatically make the earlier NA models collector cars as I feel most people see old cars as just that...old cars. There were plenty of turbocharged cars in the 80's that are just barely starting to gain any sort of footing in the collector car marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
For the time being the 997 and particularly 987 look dated. The 986 looks more "new" than the 987 does (Amber lights aside.) I feel that the 981 will not age as well either.

We have already came to the point that 9x6 porsches are being featured in media. Taken 3 which I watched recently had a 996 hero car, and I recently watched a film called "love me" featuring an 03, 04 boxster s as driven by a highschooler simply ment to serve as a classy, tasteful, modern classic in the film. (It oddly had red dials!)
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote