View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #15
dghii

I'm usually very polite and respectful....
Many years ago I was out on a Sunday morning in my 84 Alfa Spider. It was off season in our small tourist town and I was out looking at a couple of vacation homes I'd seen for sale in the newspaper.
I am well familiar with the area but looking for a particular side street as the highway speed limit changed from 55 to 45 and I get pulled over by a young local city police officer. There is no chance for small talk as I get "liscense and registration please" and off he goes. He comes back with a citation (doesn't hand it to me right away) and starts to lecture me about slowing down.

I politely interrupt and ask "Are you giving me a ticket?" He replies "Yes" and I say "Then I have no desire to listen to your lecture". He hads me the ticket and goes back to his car.

In our town, tourists are allowed lots of leeway. I understand it competely but still don't get why locals are not handles with the same rules. We have Thunder Beach, where motorcycles can drive around all week with straight pipes blaring. We have spring break with sex, drugs and hippity hop..nuff said about that.

Its only been 20+ years...guess I'm still pissed.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote