View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #271
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorm3 View Post
I just signed up on the GTP site! Now I will have to obsess over the choice between cold white or red......definitely design 1!
Got you all guys in now, for sure I'll make aware before but putting down your e is the best way I have to make sure I'm not missing anyone. Thx for helping btw

On another IMPORTANT note. Friend here in SH damaged his window with his wrist watch y'day eve. The latching thingy on his watch was rubbed onto the glass a few too many times. Happened while installing the window inside his bracket. He admitted being careless but that didn't necessarily help making the morning coffee taste a bit better :/ Just heard a few min ago

Careful with the glass. What is considered a large scratch is unlikely to show during poweroff - quite similar to our oem Porsche window. However when "illuminated" you'll possibly see this scratch quite clearly (a fact; pmma is clearer than glass... light travels easy lol). Although it is possible and effortless to polish those acrylic windows back to brand new, it will NOT be possible for a 'wrist watch' heavy scratch to buff out without great efforts lol

He sort of rescued his with PlastX apparently... but it nearly took an hour. Offered to make another glass at no cost, feeling responsible for not having warned him.

Please be careful. It real easy - just treat as jewelry until it's mounted there on your Boxster and that will do just fine.

ps. a replacement glass & etch job will run at $30 + shipping. We are looking at a grand $60-worthty-scratch from the usa side if anything uncool happen to our not-so-cheap(after all) SkyBreaker. Fear imposed hehehe

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-19-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote