View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 06:08 AM   #1
RandallNeighbour

First drive in a while

It's been nasty here in Houston for weeks on end. Wet and rainy. So the box stayed in the garage and I've been driving my DD, a F150.

This morning it was colder out (high 40's, which is cold for Houston) and I went to the gym at 6 am so traffic wasn't going to be bad so I took the box off the battery tender and fired it up.

You know, I really have no business replacing this boxster with my lifetime dream of owning a 911S or Turbo. Even though it's a lowly 2.5, the exhaust mods and underdrive pulley swap I did a while back and suspension mods make this car a ton of fun to drive when the conditions are right. The car's no longer a comfortable daily driver for a middle aged fat guy, but it sure is fun to drive after being in a big truck every day.

A buddy keeps telling me to strip my boxster down to the factory parts I took off and sell it to a spec guy for $7500 and start saving up for my dream 911S but frankly, I just can't imagine selling this car. I've poured my heart and soul and wallet into it and it's like a rescued dog or adopted formerly abused child!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote