View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
sjbox

Magnaflow CARB catalytic converter for 02 2.7L Boxster

Hi,

Heading over to buy a '02 Boxster. Really clean and single owner with 111k miles.

One issue - exhaust rattle that the pre-purchase inspection shop said is failing CC. Said OEM part is ~$1800 + labor. I called another shop and they told me the same thing. Both said there are no after market CC for this vehicle.

Alright, I jump on Google and find Magnaflow. Specifically, SKU #M66444204. On the site it said it is CARB compliant/certified but needs welding instead of bolt-on. I called Magnaflow and they confirmed that (1) it is CARB certified (2) Needs welding

But two questions linger:
1. Surely, the Porsche shops I called must've known about the Magnaflow parts. No? And, they don't make much on the parts and in fact, they would probably make more in labor for welding the Magnaflow. So do they not know or might be another reason to not talk about Magnaflow.

2. Googling around, I could not find anyone else in the same situation. Sure, I am not the first Boxster buyer/owner to be in this situation. So, what gives? Anyone else have this Magnaflow part installed?

Any help/insights would be appreciated. Thanks. Look forward to being part of this community and own this fun little car
sjbox is offline   Reply With Quote