View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #31
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
I read a ton of 'articles' relating to mutual funds and the stock market, and of course Oil is heavily mentioned. For every article I read saying oil is going up, I can find one that says it's going down. A lot of 'conspiracy theories' out there - the biggest being that oil is being forced down in price in an attempt to cripple Russia economically. Others think the mid east is pushing prices down to hurt US production. Many experts claim it's about China and how their growth has stabilized and therefore demand is down big time. At the end of the day, it's a whole bunch of speculation - and you might be very right and it'll shoot back up - or my gut might be right and it keeps going down. Either way, there is money to be made in the markets right now - just might be a bit longer term.
If you are talking about actively managed mutual funds, I would use their articles for bird cage liner. 99% of those guys missed the obvious as the Sun economic collapse in the first place. You didn't need to be a genius to see the lend-to-securitize frenzy of everything and the kitchen sink. When your investment firm misses something that big I no longer trust your ability to predict anything. The best articles are those that predict nothing and simply tell you what has changed. Armed with that, you'll be as good at predicting as they have ever been. And any conspiracy theorists that think they can assemble a group to move the price of a commodity like crude down 50% have to change the tin foil on their hats. The expectation of demand is a global soup that no one group or group of nations can manipulate. Those days are long gone.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote