View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 03:34 AM   #3
Viper10000

I bought a new top with plastic window off ebay and installed it myself. With the help of Waynes book and these forums, i got the job done but it does take a lot of hours. Having done one i feel i can do it faster now. I think it took me around 16 hours broken up over a few days. I also broke some plastic clips taking the old cover off and that set me back 2 days and about $50 ordering those parts from the dealer. If you diy, make sure you have a large workspace and a clean surface to lay the new top on so you dont scratch it and scuff it up. Also keep track of parts as you disassemble (I used an old cupcake tray to lay bolts and screws in) and during re-assembly, an extra set of hands can be helpful just to hold things in place while you position and tighten fasteners etc. Good luck if you go this route! I had fun doing mine and i would do it again if i had to. Also helps to take pictures as you disassemble in case you forget how something is supposed to go back together. Pay attention to how things come apart.
Viper10000 is offline   Reply With Quote