View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #231
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
haha not to mention he had his employees liking his posts haha

I can't wait to get this installed and the projectors :P I am like a kid waiting for christmas over here :P
Mr Windrestrictor is a prime follower of this DIY thread. He should have knew better that the kit he was looking at wasn't a threat to his business. I've mentioned earlier that I had no intentions in mass-producing those commercially, even less duplicating/applying the design to other convertible model/make.

Reality is... those are limited quantity and available to 986forum.com members only. I challenge anyone to find this product listed elsewhere (ebay, amazon, etc). It is clearly listed as a "Limited Collection" and temporarily advertised as such on a totally irrelevant website (one kit left for grab).

What Mr Windrestrictor failed completely is taking up to 17 years to make one for our Boxster 986 - go figure. I desperately wanted one and they were not available and the only alternative/kit I could find was from his competitor made in Japan at an exorbitant $375 excl shipping.

Therefore - I made my own. Completely different design: glass mounted, slim, ultra-lightweight, stylish, heat managed, and easily retrofitable with any commercial LED strips, etc (perfect kit, durable, versatile, affordable). And in return, for having saved tons of cash by taking advice of top quality members here, the idea was to make them available to friends only (both here on 986forum and on our local pcar forum here in CN).

My little (cheap?) way to pay back to the community.

That's what it is. (was, initially) Keep reading.....

However, and after what happened earlier in this thread (PMs, threats, etc) a lot of people here, friends, employer and family recommended me to do the complete opposite (they are all following this thread as well). My employer, who also follows this and the projectors threads, registered the int'l PATTERN for the "AUTOMOTIVE CONVERTIBLE WIND DEFLECTOR LED DISPLAY" using their pattern attorney, all-at-their-cost. (i.e. not exactly cheap). Never in a million years we thought it would have passed with the int'l IP authorities (no other countries have appealed the pending application, not even USA, officially approved end Dec 2014).

INT'L PATTERN #: 201420777892.1 (not the common 'pending' fake thing, that's the real deal i.e. paid for)
APPLICATION #: 2014121200489000
OFFERS: AUTOMOTIVE CONVERTIBLE WIND DEFLECTOR LED DISPLAY
IP AUTH REQUESTER: SIPO.GOV.CN

My employer owns the aftermarket kit... not me (if anyone ask). Clearly he's not a huge fan of undiplomatic and rude business players. And before anyone ask, I have no idea where this is going... not my call.

I'm busy finalizing those 22 kits for you chaps here this weekend. Mood is gone.... quitting this thread for a while
(That info Martin.... really got me pissed this time. Not your fault I know)

^ Anyone need this "officially" translated this into English, it cost $245. Get your legal advisor to PM me for empl contact details

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-09-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote