View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
ルーカス

Hunt to find the best possible oil.

What do you guys find is the absolute best in your cars? I had a skyline in the past and I ran just about every kind of oil in it. What weight of oil do you guys typically run? I'm thinking of switching to Royal Purple (ZDDP based) or AMS oil on the Boxster. I know a lot of people say it is over priced, but do you really want to screw with what lubricates your motor?

On my old R33 I had small amounts of oil consumption. I noticed some oils like Castrol ate pretty quickly, where as when I ran AMS and RP there was definitely an improvement. I want to know what you guys are running and possibly deviate from the regular consumer choice and put in some RP for science's sake. Also this may sound odd but in the skyline the RP would also cool down a lot quicker than the Castrol, and when at operating temp the oil was a little bit cooler. I baby my 986 and I mean I don't move it until its at operating temperature lol, at the same time it gets driven how it should be driven. However, I change the oil every 3,000KM, inspect brakes/tire pressure before going out on drives, ect... I basically have a little pilot checklist LOL.

What are you guys that are racing in the SPEC class running?
ルーカス is offline   Reply With Quote