View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #13
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Still, usually any type of incident like this that gets posted online is typically accompanied by multiple accounts of exactly what happened, how it happened, and why it happened. Its curious that no one has come forward to say much at all - usually someone will spill the beans.

I previously participated in a few "spirited drives" with other Porsche owners and I stopped attending because it was too risky - it seemed to me that the speeds and driving style undertaken on public roads was likely to result in an incident and I didn't want any involvement.

Sorry to see such a nice car so banged up. I wish him lots of luck in dealing with the insurance company. They are not going to want to cut a $150,000 check easily.
+1, esp the last line. Wonder if they'll be able to wiggle out because speed was obviously an issue. No idea what the speed limit was for that turn, but based on the damage Rufus had to be going 3x the limit.

Watching the vid again, it looks like the guy filming was either the 2nd or 3rd on the sceen. And it appears the wreck had happened well before they got there. There may not be any video evidence and the 2 Porsche guys are probably not talking since they're culpable.

The fun runs our club does are not spirited. And if you're further back in the line, you need to be on your game b/c the line can suddenly stop.

"I kind of feel bad for the truck driver as he may be fighting a bit of an uphill battle if he is not at fault" - papasmurf

As long as he doesn't have "neck issues" and asks for an inordinate settlement, Rufus' ins co should be quick and fair with him. I had a drunk driver try to kill me 27 yrs ago and his co was happy to generously pay for my car as long as I didn't sue them. The truck driver shouldn't have problems getting a check.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote