View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 AM   #8
AcesSpeedShop

I live in an area without emissions testing so I had some flexibility in my exhaust design. First I bought a Stebro racing muffler with non-catted intermediate pipes. This combination was beyond loud and the drone on the interstate was literally painful. But the sound was amazing at full throttle. Sounded like a GT3 RSR. I went back to the stock muffler with the new intermediate pipes. My next step was a set of eBay headers. They were $99 and the best quality, best craftsmanship headers I have ever bought. The headers REALLY woke the engine up. With the headers it pulls strong to the red line and throttle response is light years beyond stock. However the headers do not have cats either so I have to trick the computer into thinking there are cats and I can usually keep it convinced for about 500 miles at a time. I have Durametric software so I reset the CEL when it occurs.

The last and current iteration replaced the stock muffler with a M2 muffler, again from eBay. I think it was $199. This muffler system gives a really good sound when driving conservatively but sounds excellent when you accelerate. At the last autocross I had 2 other drivers come up and compliment me on the sound the car makes when racing.

So my combination is eBay headers (no cats), Stebro intermediate pipes (no cats) and a M2 muffler. Great sound on throttle and no drone at highway speeds.
AcesSpeedShop is offline   Reply With Quote