View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #59
Eric523
Boxster Abuser

Hey All,

We're ready to make these things happen. The product will be a mix of carbon fiber, fiberglass cloth, foam stiffener, and vinyl ester resin. I have one unit in stock and ready to be sold, and there are two more in production. It takes us about two weeks to produce each roof with the current process. The price will be $2100 for each roof plus shipping charges and tax within CA.

I can prepare these roofs with epoxy if desired, but the cost will be higher and there will be no gelcoat on them.

A deposit of 50% will be requested to place an order, and I'll need up to four weeks until they are ready to ship.

The lexan for this roof is available from: Five Star factory stock dimension racing windows for Porsche 911, 914. 944, 991, 993, 996, 997 & Boxster

It uses a 911 rear window and 996 rear quarter windows.

The roof is designed for racing purposes only. It fits great with 996 cup car doors and their frames! I cannot speak to other configurations on street cars, using 996 glass door windows, or anything else since that is not what the roof is designed for. It will be the buyers responsibility to test alternative fitments as I don't have the cars or parts to test them with. My 986 is strictly a race car and I've sold my 986 street car...

Final fitment and prep of the roof will be necessary. The exterior finish will have a gel coat but is not ready for paint without primer and sanding. Edges will need to be fit and sanded once mounting has been completed. The roof does NOT include any mounts. Due to the highly modified nature of race cars, one set of mounts will not work for everyone. The roof should be secured at the window frame in front, at the base of the quarter windows, and also the rear at a minimum. Shipping and storage of the roof needs to be done with care, as extended periods of unsupported storage will cause the roof to distort in shape.

If interested, please let me know at eric@herg.net

Thanks!
Eric
4.0L Dry Sump Boxster GT race car - HRG #23
2005 Cayenne S - DD
Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote