View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #12
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
I need to find a extra set of headlights first just incase i screw up installing
You buy a headlight if you screw up, not before Spares are often for sale everywhere on ebay, in Europe, even on the Chinese ecoms for <$200 each in most case

There are 3 things that can go wrong when doing one of those retrofit:
  1. You remove the headlight from your car and drop/slam it on the asphalt for some weird reason (e.g. 2drunk/2stone, filthy hands, etc)
  2. While pre-heating the headlight (to soften the silicon), you get distracted by your favourite TV show and forget it in the oven for two hours.
  3. You bore the H7 socket size from its original 21mm size up to let's say "78mm", instead of the required 23mm to fit the projector
- I'm sure most of us are careful when handling Porsche headlights so rule out #1
- Although #2 happened to a 911 owner (true story), I'm sure you can set yourself a timer for 15min to avoid that embarrassment
- I'd be surprised to hear if anyone ever bored the socket hole bigger than it needs to be (e.g. ambitious installer lol)

....and if somehow you can manage to break that porsche polycarbonate lens, or whatever secret material it is made of, I seriously need to see a picture of your muscles mate. Try LOL

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-03-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote