View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
Red2618
1997 Boxster Red

AutoCross brakes?

Hi San, Not sure what kind of race Track you are running your 986 on, but I just bought a 1997 986 and have been getting mix ideas from the locals about the brakes. My Question is: Are the stock brakes good enough to handle autocross. I am only looking at about two to three races a season which adds up to a about 15 to 20 runs on the track total. I hope in less than 49 sec., but I may just be dreaming, we will have to see how it goes. Or should I install new racing brakes and high temp fluid? Also this is my first Porsche I do have another roadster SLK 350 but that car is just not something you want to race. OK OK OK I did one time and run it 9 times that day on the track and could only get in the low 50's. Will if you have any info that could help Thanks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
IM(not so)HO, just use the stock discs. The brakes on the non S are atomic. With standard rotors and standard Mintex pads, I had fantastic braking, no fade, no overheat on the track.

The brakes are beyond most peoples abilities on the track and certainly more than enough on the street.
Red2618 is offline   Reply With Quote