View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #98
ultimate1

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hi flaps10,

i know you will not do a complete engine rebuilt. Don't know what is on you replacement list. I hardly recommend to replace all plastic parts on the chain ramps. They sometimes fail and can produce massive engine fails. As an exmaple: over here in germany we had a 996 with a broken valve case cause by a broken plastic slide part of a chain ramp.

Thanks for your write up. I enjoy it.

Thanks for the DOF link, ultimate1. This looks very good instead of the LN solutions. Problem is that it is very expensive for poeple outside the US, because we have to pay shipping plus tax and customs on parts and shipping on it. So unfortunately it's very expensive - approx. 840 euros = 1025 usd at the moment. Plus eventually a new ceramic bearing which is around 250 euro = 305 usd. So in the end we end up at around 1330 usd.

Regards
Markus
Hi Markus,

I am not sure if these guys will save you on shipping and customs but might be worth a try as they are in UK

IMS Bearing Direct Oil Feed (DOF) Intermediate Shaft Retrofit Kit for Boxster 986 / 996 - 99610599602 | Design 911
ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote