View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiggi83 View Post
In the 2 weeks ive owned my Boxster I have dropped $1,800 on "projects". I didn't even realize it until I added all the little things up. Funny thing is I don't even feel bad as I am enjoying myself. But I am pretty sure if I told my wife the "true" amount I spent she would have a stroke.
It is a mistake to add up the cost. However, not telling your wife the full cost is a smart move.

While you may not feel like you are being honest, ask yourself "How many times has my wife come home and told me how much she saved at a "sale"? You know that she spent a lot more money than she saved, but you don't ask too many questions. That is one of the little social conventions that add stability to a marriage and you need to adopt a similar tactic regarding your car. Start telling her how much you "saved" by not making a new car payment.

I understand what you mean though. I have owned my car almost eight years and I've done one or two "upgrades" every year. The cost does add up, but it keeps the car fresh and interesting and the total spent is less than a new car.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 12-29-2014 at 07:18 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote